The General Counsel is the chief legal officer of the University and has the responsibility of all legal matters pertaining to the University. The mission of the Office of the General Counsel is to aid in advancing the vision and goals of the University by providing legal service and counsel to all constituents of the university family, including the Board of Trustees, the Administration, and faculty and staff acting within the course and scope of their employment.
Some of the services we provide to the University include:
- Providing advice on legal matters;
- Drafting and/or reviewing and approving University contracts prior to execution;
- Investigating and responding to claims involving the University made to state and federal administrative agencies;
- Managing litigation;
- Interpreting University policies; and
- Conducting University training