Electronic Personnel Action Form
The Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) is an online form originated by the department to communicate an employment decision (personnel action) about an employee of the Human Resources and Payroll.
Since all employment decisions require the attention of Human Resources and require updating of the employee’s Banner record, the department is required to initiate and submit an EPAF transaction. This transaction specifies the nature and details of the employment decision.
Logging into the EPAF system using Self-Service Banner
- Log in to Self-Service Banner.
- Click on the Employee tab, then Electronic Personnel Action Form link.
Departments will use the EPAF process to provide the employment data necessary to process the following EPAF Approval Categories.
- Rehire of Full-time, Part-Time Staff, and Adjunct Faculty
- Hire and Rehire of Graduates and Undergraduates
- Budget Account Change
- End a job assignment (excluding full employee separation)
- Overloads and Supplements
- Extra Service Request for Staff Only
Register for EPAF Training
EPAF Training is designed to provide participants with an overview of the EPAF Process using Self-service Banner (SSB). Training sessions are offered quarterly or as needed to accommodate the end users.
Hands-On EPAF Training sessions are approximately two hours and will provide the user with technical skills and procedural knowledge to manage the EPAF process.
EPAF Training Agenda
- What’s an EPAF?
- What are the benefits of EPAF?
- What are the types of EPAF Users?
- What are the types of EPAF (Personnel Actions)?
- EPAF Due Dates/Deadline and Pay Period Schedule
- Originators’ Roles and Responsibilities (R&R)
- Approvers’ Roles and Responsibilities (R&R)
- Human Resources’ Roles and Responsibilities (R&R)
- Hands-On EPAF Training using Self-Service Banner
Three Types of EPAF Training
See the Schedule for EPAF training.
- Hands-on EPAF Training - Refresher course to gain a better understanding of the EPAF Process.
- Walk-in Computer Lab - Working sessions for assistance with entering EPAF into the system.
- One-on-One EPAF Training - to schedule a training session, please contact Debra R. Carter, 256-372-5838, or email Debra.Carter@aamu.edu.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software