- Course/Subject: Surveying
- Purpose/Objective: To give an overview of surveying and how the knowledge of basic Algebra, Geometry
and Trigonometry are necessary in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Course Summary: The course will cover the use of basic tools such as tapes, plumb bobs, and pacing
along with demonstrations of state-of-the-art equipment such as Total Stations and GPS.
- Course Content:
- Lecture on use of basic tools and application of Trigonometry and Geometry in Surveying
- Demonstration of state-of-the art equipment
- Lay out Tennis court or Volleyball court with tapes and verify accuracy with Total Station
- Estimate height of building using similar triangles & pacing; verify with Total Station.
- Chain Throwing Contest
- Setting instrument over a point
- Measure the height of a tree or building
Michael P. Anderson Biography