TO: All University Employees
FROM: Office of Human Resources
DATE: April 11, 2013
SUBJECT: Summer 2013- Four Day/Ten Hour Workweek Schedule
The University will adhere to 4/10 workweek during the summer break between spring and fall semesters. The specifics are as follows:
1. The 4/10 workweek schedule for 2013 will be eleven (11) weeks long. The 4/10 schedule
begins Monday, May 20, the last week beginning Monday, July 29.
2. The two weeks with holidays (Memorial Day and Fourth of July) will be 3/10 weeks; full-
time employees will work three 10-hour days the weeks of May 27 and July 1.
3. The university will resume the normal five-day/eight-hour-day schedule on Monday, August 5,
The purpose of the 4/10 summer schedule is to keep the campus closed on Fridays and Saturdays to the greatest extent possible. However, it is understood that a few offices or individuals might have special needs that require accommodation. Contact the Office of Human Resources, if you want to make such a request.
Essential personnel schedules may vary from this 4/10 summer schedule and will be handled by each department. The 4/10 summer schedule does not apply to ARAMARK personnel or University personnel supervised by ARAMARK.
The guidelines below must be used to establish the 4/10 workweek schedule in each department. Each employee’s specific schedule will be determined in cooperation with, and approval of, the supervisor. Please keep the items below in mind.
• The normal workday hours during this period will be from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Less than full-time employees will divide their total weekly hours by four to determine the
hours per day to work for the 4/10 workweek schedule.
• The following standard hours for all employees are:
One-Half Hour Lunch One Hour Lunch
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Schedules are to be arranged between supervisors and employees. It is not necessary to notify the Office of Human Resources