Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about Blackboard Learn (version 9.1).
1. How do I log in to Blackboard?
Go to http://aamu.blackboard.com Log in to Blackboard using your Banner UserID (username) and Banner pin number(password). THIS IS THE DEFAULT LOG IN.
2. Can I change or update my email address in Blackboard?
Your campus Bulldog Email address is loaded into Blackboard. That is the only email address used in Blackboard.
3. I enrolled in a class, but it does not show in my list of courses. Why?
Ask your instructor if the class has been made available. You maky also want to speak to your professor to see whether you are on the class roster. If you are not on the roster and the course is not appearing in Banner Self Service, contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.
4. I forgot my log in credentials for Blackboard. How can I access the system?
Your username for Blackboard is always your Banner ID (A number) and cannot be changed. The password for Blackboard, by default, is the Banner pin but this field can be changed. Use the "forgot my password" link immediately below the Blackboard login page to be emailed a utility that will allow you to change/reset your password for Blackboard. This will only change your Blackboard password and doesn't impact the password for Banner.
Still looking for answers, try asking Dr. C........... Ask Dr.C is a free question-and-answer service moderated by a dedicated, international group of your peers, fellow Blackboard clients.
click below for help
File Naming Conventions
When attaching files in Blackboard for Assignments, Emails, Discussion Threads, it is important to name the files properly.
- Do not include spaces in the file name
- Do not include special characters in the file name
- Do not use file names longer than 32 characters
Below are examples of correct and incorrect naming conventions:
- dog ran.doc
- the dog ran over the fence and across the yard.doc
Uploading/Downloading Executable Files
Files that are uploaded into Blackboard containing source code (such as: .java, .htm, .c, .h, .cpp, ...) cannot be downloaded from Blackboard due to a security feature.
- Place the files in a compressed (zipped) folder.
- Upload the compressed folder into Blackboard.
Once the folder has been created and uploaded it can be downloaded and unpackaged (extracted) to provide access to the file containing the source code.
For instructions to compress and uncompress files,