Navigate Up
Sign In

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Bookmark and Share

Below are answers to some frequently asked questions. If you need information that you cannot find on our web site or on this FAQ page, please contact our office so that we can assist you.
Also visit our Policies & Procedures page and/or our Transcripts page for additional information.
How do I change my address?
In order to change your address, a student can complete the online form for address change, fax in a change of address request (256-372-5253) or write to us at Office of the Registrar, Alabama A&M University, 204 Patton Building, Normal, AL 35762. To ensure the security of your records, you are required to provide us with your student ID and indicate which address you are changing. We are only able to change the mailing and local address not the permanent. 

How do I order an enrollment verification?
Currently enrolled students may obtain enrollment verification by logging on to their Self-Service Banner (SSB) account. Once you have logged in to your SSB account follow the steps below.

  • Select the Student Tab
  • Select the Student Records
  • Select the Enrollment Certificate

You will routed to the National Student Clearinghouse to obtain your enrollment certificate.  If your enrollment certificate doesn't show for the current term, please contact our office at (256)-372-5254.

How do I order a transcript of my academic record?

Alabama A&M University uses an online ordering system through the National Clearing House.  To order your transcript using this service, please click the link below and follow the prompts.


When ordering transcripts, you will have the option to have your transcript order held until after grades/degrees are posted.  Please allow up to two weeks for grades/degrees to post after a semester has ended.
You can retrieve an unofficial transcript online if you attended the University from 1984 to present and you do not have a balance at the University.  Follow the steps below:


  • Click on this link to "Look-up Banner ID and PIN".
  • Log on to "Self-Service Banner (SSB)" and follow the steps to set up your Banner Self-Service account.
  • Select the following tabs "Student", "Student Records", and "Academic Transcript".
  • Click "submit" to view and print your unofficial transcript.

How can I find out what courses are available each semester?
In order to check for course availability, we suggest that you use the Schedule of Classes located here on our web site.

What if I have pre-registered for classes and now I realized that I won’t be able to attend, what do I do?
You need to cancel your registration before the first day of class so you can receive 100% of your tuition back. Please view the "Cancellation of Registration" form on our "Forms Page" for detailed directions.  If you attend one class or participate in any online class, then you must complete the "Withdrawal Clearance" form on our "Forms Page" and you will lose a percentage of your tuition based on the Refund Policy as indicated on the "Office of Student Account Services" web page under Student Resources.
What happens if I apply for graduation, but do not clear?
You will need to re-apply for graduation for the semester or term you plan to complete graduation requirements. Undergraduate students will need to check with their Academic Advisor and Graduate students will need to check with the Graduate Studies office concerning this matter.
How can I replace a lost diploma?
Please mail a completed "Diploma Re-Order Form" to the Office of the Registrar, Alabama A&M University, 204 Patton Building, Normal, AL 35762. Diplomas are re-ordered during the Spring and Fall semesters. Click here for the Diploma Re-Order Form.





Office of the Registrar

Campus Location

Patton Hall

Room 204

Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Monday - Friday


P: 256.372.5254

F: 256.372.5253


Mailing Address

Office of the Registrar

Alabama A&M University

204 Patton Building

Normal, AL 35762