The Scholarship Program of the Alabama A&M University Alumni Association, Inc. provides funding for academically talented students. The Association will award a minimum of two (2) scholarships annually for the Academic Year in the Amount of $5,000.00.
The scholarship award is payable in equal parts for the fall and spring semester. Recipients whose grade point average falls below 3.0 after the first semester may forfeit their second semester benefits.
The scholarship award is valid for one year. The recipient must reapply each year.
The scholarship is available to incoming freshmen, current Alabama A&M University students and students transferring from community colleges and other four-year institutions of higher education who meet the eligibility requirements. Students currently receiving full scholarship awards from Alabama A&M University are ineligible for scholarship awards from the Alumni Association.
Deadline is March 1, 2017
Alabama A&M University Alumni Association, Inc.
P. O. Box 1717
Normal, AL 35762
The application may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Alumni Association cannot guarantee nor be responsible for personal data that may be compromised as a result of utilizing the Internet.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following documents are required to apply for a National Alumni Association Scholarship:
1. A completed scholarship application along with a two-page autobiographical essay (conveying your future goal and how Alabama A&M University can help you achieve these goals).
2. A copy of official acceptance of admission to Alabama A&M University.(incoming freshmen only)
3. Provide a copy of Financial Aid Award Letter (cross out SSN and Date of Birth).
4. An official transcript of grades in a sealed envelope.
5. ACT or SAT scores (incoming freshmen).
6. At least two letters of recommendations.
7. A digital photograph.
8. A valid email address
Applicants must meet the following requirements to receive consideration for the National Alumni Association Scholarship:
1. Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above, or financial need.
2. Taken the ACT or SAT and provide scores with application (incoming freshmen).
3. Accepted for enrollment or attending Alabama A&M University on a full-time basis.
REQUIREMENTS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Scholarship Recipients must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Confirm enrollment with the Scholarship committee by August 5 and January 5 each year.
2. Join the Pre-Alumni Association.
3. Connect with an Alumni Chapter in home town.
4. Volunteer three to five hours or more a week with the Office of Alumni Affairs
5. Attend the Founder's Day celebration activities and write a thank you letter to the National Alumni Association.