June 13, 2016
· Academic performance
· Completed application package
· Completed essay that address the topic
· Letters of recommendations
Who is eligible?
· Current high school graduates accepted to AAMU
· Students currently attending AAMU and pursuing a degree
· Students from Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia and Delaware
· Signed application
· An official transcript from the applicant’s high school or college (sealed envelope)
· At least two (three is best) letters of recommendations from a:
School official (professor, teacher, counselor typed on official letterhead) Community leader (typed on official letterhead) Friend or classmate
· A copy of the applicant’s acceptance letter to AAMU (high school seniors, transferring and graduate students).
· A 300 word, type-written essay, double-spaced in New Times Romans, 12 point font for undergraduate applicants, and a 500 word essay for graduate applicants.
· An electronic photograph
Requirements of Scholarship Recipients
· Join the Pre-Alumni Association
· Volunteer one hour or more a week with the Office of Alumni Affairs
· Submit a digital photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Attend Founders Day celebration activities
· Maintain contact with members of the Washington, DC Alumni Chapter
· Write a thank you letter to the members of the Washington Chapter
Renea @ (301) 627-3993 or