SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit the entire scholarship application and all required attachments in one envelope to the John Stallworth Foundation.
Must be postmarked on or before March 1.
- A completed scholarship application package must include:
- Completed, signed application form-do not leave any blank section(s).
- Essay (typed, 250 words maximum)
- 3 letters of recommendation from community leaders (e.g. pastor, teacher)
- Official high school transcript with SAT/Act scores
- Principal and/or counselors report
- Copy of acceptance letter from Alabama A&M University
- Current mailing/contact information: home telephone; email address; parent or guardian's permanent mailing address.
NOTE: Incomplete packages will not be considered. PLEASE-Do not include any documents other than the required items listed above; such items will not be used in the selection process.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD CRITERIA
Be a United State citizen
Be a high school senior, graduating in good standing
Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above
Have a score in the 50 percentile or above on either the ACT or SAT.
Have a documented leadership qualities in high school, church or community activities.
Typed 250 words maximum
Explain why you need/wish to receive the scholarship
Outline applicant's goals beyond college.
Discuss how applicant plans to support Alabama A&M University and community after graduation
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD INFORMATION
- The John Stallworth Foundation's academic scholarship award is based primarily on scholastic achievement, merit, financial needs and evidence of leadership. The minimum John Stallworth Foundation scholarship award is $2,500 per year.
- Funds are dispersed in the July/August timeframe to post at the beginning of the fall semester for the entire academic year.
- Scholarships are granted for up to four academic years. In order for a scholarship to be renewed for the 2nd-4th year, the recipient must:
- Meet or exceed the minimum academic requirements, and remain in good standing with the University.
- Submit a formal request letter and an official transcript copy to the John Stallworth Foundation at the end of the spring semester to be considered for the next academic year.