Established in 1980, the University Echoes is an organization that
exemplifies the AAMU motto - "Service is Sovereignty". Since its
inception, it has been AAMU's premiere service organization. The Echoes
are also the official student representatives for the university. The
custom, attractive maroon blazer and coveted lapel pin distinguish this
group from all other student organizations.
The Mission of the University Echoes is to be the student voice and
model of service to the university. Service in the area of student
recruitment and promoting a positive image of the university and student
body are among mission priorities.
- Must Volunteer a minimum of 50 hours per semester
- Must conduct at least two campus tours per semester
- Must attend and support
- Leadership Training
- Fall High School Senior Day
- Spring Open House on "The Hill"
- Magic City Classic
- University Christmas Musicale
- Honor's Convocation
- Founder's Day
- The Echoes Fellowship Induction
- University Commencement
- The Echoes Retreat
- High School Shadow Day