Are you ready to be a Bulldog? We’re here to make that a reality.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
- Previously attended institutions must be regionally accredited
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 12 transferable semester hours
- Minimum 18 transferable quarter hours
- Good academic standing from last institution attend required
Transfer Student Checklist
- Step 1. Application
- Step 2. Pay Fees
- Step 3. FAFSA
- Complete 2020-2021 FAFSA Online (AAMU school code 001002)
- Step 3. Submit Transcripts
- Official transcript(s) from ALL institutions previously attended
Transcripts can be sent electronically via E-Script, Parchment, or Clearinghouse to email@example.com or mailed to:
Alabama A&M UniversityBack to Top
Office of Community College Relations and Global Initiatives
100 Drake Dr.
Normal, AL 35762
Transfer Credit Eligibility
- Students who transfer from another four-year institution or two-year college must submit in advance for acceptance transcripts of all previous work done on the college level. Such transcripts must be sent directly from the institution at which the work was completed. Academic work completed at other schools not listed on the Admission Application will not be accepted for transfer purposes.
- Students transferring from colleges and universities must have maintained a “C” average and be in good standing with the institution from which they are transferring. Students on academic probation or suspension are not in good standing, and, therefore, will not be accepted by Alabama A&M University.
- Courses may transfer from accredited colleges and universities if the grade for that
course earned at the offering institution meets the requirement of the program offering
the degree being pursued at Alabama A&M University. For example:
- Only courses with grades of C or better may transfer for ENG 101/102 as a C or better is required in ENG 101/102 for all programs at Alabama A&M University.
- Only a grade of C or better is accepted for transfer of MTH 112 for all business programs, but a D or better is accepted for transfer of MTH 112 for social science programs.
Students should check the grade requirements for specific programs to determine if the grade earned at the offering institution is transferable to Alabama A&M University.
Transfer credit is assessed by the Transfer Specialist for admissions purposes only. Once officially enrolled, the Office of the Registrar is responsible for articulating transfer credit. Please keep in mind, not all transferrable hours are degree applicable.
Statewide Articulation Reporting System (STARS)
If you are transferring from a public two-year community college in Alabama, visit the STARS website to select a major and access a list of community colleges and core courses that will apply to your program of choice. Visit the Office of Academic Affairs for more information about the STARS program at AAMU.
Please contact the Community Colleges Relations & Global Initiatives for more information.