Seed Grant Program
The AAMU Junior Faculty Seed Grant Program is intended to assist AAMU junior full-time faculty members to strengthen their research capacity to compete for external funds.
- Eligibility is limited to junior full-time faculty who have been at AAMU for less than five years on October 1 of each year the grant is offered.
- The maximum award is $10,000, limited to one award per faculty
- Funds may be used to provide up to one month of faculty member’s summer salary including fringe
- Funds must be expended within the specified period of performance, typically 12 months.
- Student tuition is not covered by the
The Seed Grant Program Request for Proposal (RFP) will provide the instructions and requirements for the proposals. Applicants must submit the proposals in compliance with the requirements by the due date indicated to the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). Proposals will be evaluated by the Seed Grant Program Review Committee.
Seed Grant Program Awardees will establish a budget through the normal budget setup procedures, and funds will be expended in accordance with the proposal using the institution’s existing accounting system and procedures. All expenses and reimbursements will come through OSP, and require the appropriate signature authorizations from the department chair and dean. Awardees are required to submit a progress report after 6 months, and a final report summarizing the research results.