In order to be cleared for graduation through Career Development Services, all undergraduate AAMU students must complete the following steps:
1. Career Development Services Registration - Registration consists of the following:
- Have your resume critiqued and approved by your designated CDS contact
- Create a profile in Handshake by coming to the CDS Office in Patton Hall, Room 101 or by accessing the link below
- ALL graduating students are required to complete the First Destination Survey; the non-identifying information is used for reporting and to assist AAMU with recruitment efforts
- Registering with CDS is optional for International and non-traditional students
- Commissioning officers and enlistees with documentation are not required to register with CDS
- Career Development Services collects student job placement information as part of the requirements for SACS accreditation.
- Career Development Services will use the information for reporting statistical data about our graduates to on-campus departments/colleges and for tracking students after graduation.
- Career Development Services will also use the information to assist those graduates who may still be seeking employment and refer their resume to prospective employers.
*The institution evaluates success with respect to student achievement including, as appropriate, consideration of course completion, state licensing examinations, and job placement rates. (Student achievement)
**Please note that your CDS registration is NOT complete until you have created your profile and have an approved resume in Handshake.