The following information and materials must be in the Office of Admissions before an application for admission can be completely processed:
(1) An Affidavit of Support from sponsor, with seal or notarized (freshman & transfer students) and an official transcript from each institution attended (transfer students).
(2) An official high school transcript (or equivalent) or leaving certificate, (freshman students).
(3) Applicants for admission are required to take either the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and have test results sent directly to the Office of Admissions, Alabama A & M University, ACT code #0002, SAT code #1003, (freshman students).
(4) The results of the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless English is spoken as a native language. A score of 500 is required. If applicant has successfully completed one year's college coursework in an English speaking country, the TOEFL requirement may be waived.
(5) Local Exam Council Report (freshman students).
(6) A letter of recommendation from principal, counselor or college advisor (freshman & transfer students) or a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Students or Advisor at the school from which applicant is transferring.
In order to receive transfer credits from non-U.S. institutions, ALL transcripts must be first sent to the World Education Services, P.0. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, USA for evaluation on a comprehensive course-by-course report. You may also apply online at www.wes.org . To receive these transfer credits, a (course-by-course) evaluation must be done prior to entering the University. An 1-20 form will not be provided until all admissions requirements have been met and the required deposits submitted for one academic year. Financial aid and academic scholarships are NOT available to international students on "F-1" visas.