Family and Consumer Science
Enhance YOUR WORLD.
Family and Consumer Sciences provides leadership and support for professionals whose work assists individuals, families, and communities in making informed decisions about their well-being, relationships, and resources to achieve optimum quality of life.
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM US
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is designed to prepare students for professional careers in community service, government, science and technology, business, industry and education. In addition to the preparation of men and women for professional careers and graduate study, a major focus for the Department is to enhance the general well-being of individuals, families and communities through teaching, research, demonstration and economic development activities.
- Apparel, Merchandising and Design
- Nutrition and Hospitality Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Aggregate Student Data
- Didactic Program in Dietetics Student Handbook
- Family and Consumer Sciences Operations Manual
- Family and Consumer Sciences Undergraduate Student Handbook
- Carees in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Faculty and Staff
PREPARE FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE
The objectives of the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences are to guide the student in:
- Developing a sound and satisfying philosophy of life inherent with democratic principles
- Preparing for professional practice in a specialized field
- Using intelligence in solving personal and family problems in today’s society
- Enhancing the student’s own general and cultural education
- Accepting responsibility as an informed citizen in a changing world
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software