Welcome to the Office of Retention and Persistence
The Mission of the Office of Retention and Persistence is to provide freshman and freshman transfer students with the Academic Support Services necessary to successfully transition into post-secondary studies and to persist towards graduation, by ensuring that they have a solid foundation in academic responsibility and college preparedness.
1. Ensure matriculation from one class level to the next through
appropriate academic advisement and course placement
2. Improve academic pursuits through the use of tutorial assistance.
3. Enhance social engagement through interactions with faculty,
staff and peer mentors.
4. Will assist students with 31 or more credit hours with
academic/financial aid probationary matters.
This unit provides academic support (Academic Advising and Support Services) to first-time freshmen, continuing, and transfer students.
Tutorial Assistance Network
Service and Learning Communities & Volunteerism
Honors Center, Dr. Kyla Pitcher, Interim Director
(256) 372-5859 (Office) (256) 372-5651 (Fax)
TRiO, Ms. Pam Thompson, Director
(256) 372-5660 (Office) (256) 372-5663 (Fax)