Welcome to the Office of Retention and Persistence
The mission of the ORP is to implement strategies to improve the retention rate of students from one class level to the next and to improve the persistence level of greater numbers of students to the ultimate goal of graduation by providing first-time freshmen and transfer students with a foundation in academic and social skills to be further enhanced as they matriculate toward graduation; and further to provide students with an array of resources, specifically designed to address the following areas:
1. Ensure matriculation from one class level to the next through appropriate academic advisement and course placement
2. Improve academic pursuits through the use of tutorial assistance.
3. Enhance social engagement through interactions with faculty,
staff and peer mentors.
4. Will assist students with 31 or more credit hours with academic /financial aid probationary matters.
This unit provides academic support (Academic Advising and Support Services) to first-time freshmen, continuing, and transfer students.
Tutorial Assistance Network
Changing Lanes Mentoring Program
Honors Center, Dr. Kyla Pitcher, Interim Director
(256) 372-5859 (Office) (256) 372-5651 (Fax)
TRiO, Ms. Pam Thompson, Director
(256) 372-5660 (Office) (256) 372-5663 (Fax)
Student Support Services, Upward Bound