Ph.D. (Concordia University)
Professor of Mathematics
Office: VMC 238
Phone: (256) 372-4835
Wavelet Analysis, Signal Processing, Image Processing, Numerical Analysis, Differential Equations, Optimization, Approximation Theory, Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Biology.
1. Karim, M. R., "The Relationships between the Bernoulli Numbers B2m & ak and Euler Numbers E2m & bk,
Journal of Mathematical Sciences & Computer Applications 2(1): 108-117, 2014
2. Karim, M. R., "Solutions of Higher-Degree Reduced Polynomial Equations by Using Unipodal Numbers",
The Theoretical Mathematics & Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, 13 - 21(2012).
3. Karim, M. R., “The Sums of Alternating Series of Odd Powers of the Reciprocals of Odd Positive Integers”,
KBM Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Computer Applications, 1(1): 14 - 22 (2010).
4. Karim, M. R., “Solutions of Pentagonal Equation under Certain Conditions”, KBM Journal of Mathematical
Sciences and Computer Applications, 1(2), 33 - 39 (2010).
5. Karim, M. R., Leisher, D., and Liu, C., “Precalculus Algebra: Original Purpose – Its Relevancy to Students’
Needs – and Some Suggestions”, KBM Journal of Science Education, 1 (2), 19 - 23 (2010).
RECENT FUNDED RESEARCH:
Three of our proposals have been funded by the National Science Foundation. In all of them, I was a co-PrincipaI Investigator.
1. Proposal Number: 0928904
Proposal Title: Strategic Plan to Enhance STEM Education and Research at AAMU
Total Funding: $2,163,679.00 for five years (current).
2. Proposal Number: 0265155
Proposal Title: Strategic Plan for Enhancement, Expansion and Development of Undergraduate Programs
(SPEED – UP)
Total Funding: $2,100,000.00 for five years (ended in August 2011)
3. Proposal Number: 0552678
Proposal Title: REU-Site at Alabama A&M University
Total Funding: $165,000.00 for three years (ended in summer 2009)