Wireless access to the university's online resource is widely available across campus, including most academic and administrative buildings. Wireless access is available throughout most of the campus. It is available to current faculty, staff, and students, and guests/visitors to campus.
- Faculty & Staff - Call the HelpDesk at extension 4357.
- Students - Consult with your Residential Hall advisor for the wireless access credentials to get on the network.
- Visitors - Visitors should consult with the business unit or department that they are visiting.
The unit can provide the wireless credentials to access the University wireless network.
See also our Wireless FAQs.
- Convenient, widely available, high-speed wireless network access
- Temporary guest accounts for campus visitors including potential students, vendors,
- A laptop with a Type II PCMCIA slot, and an 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11a compatible wireless PCMCIA card, or
- A laptop with a built-in wireless card, or
- A smartphone or other wireless device such as an iPad
Data security restrictions
May not be used to transmit Prohibited, Restricted, or Confidential Data, as defined by the Alabama A&M University Information Security Office, unless using an encrypted protocol or service such as VPN.
For assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk via one of the methods below.