Are you ready to be a Bulldog? We’re here to make that a reality. To learn more about transferring to Alabama A&M University, contact us at 256.372.5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A transfer student is a student who has studied at another post-secondary college or university and earned greater than 12 transferable credit hours with a grade point average of 2.00.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
- Previously attended institutions must be regionally accredited
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 12 transferable semester hours or 18 transferable quarter hours
- Good academic standing from last institution attend required
Transfer Student Checklist
Transfer Credit Eligibility
- Students who transfer from another four-year institution or two-year college must submit in advance for acceptance transcripts of all previous work done on the college level. Such transcripts must be sent directly from the institution at which the work was completed. Academic work completed at other schools not listed on the Admission Application will not be accepted for transfer purposes.
- Students transferring from colleges and universities must have maintained a “C” average and be in good standing with the institution from which they are transferring. Students on academic probation or suspension are not in good standing, and, therefore, will not be accepted by Alabama A&M University.
- Courses may transfer from accredited colleges and universities if the grade for that
course earned at the offering institution meets the requirement of the program offering
the degree being pursued at Alabama A&M University. For example:
- Only courses with grades of C or better may transfer for ENG 101/102 as a C or better is required in ENG 101/102 for all programs at Alabama A&M University.
- Only a grade of C or better is accepted for transfer of MTH 112 for all business programs, but a D or better is accepted for transfer of MTH 112 for social science programs.
Students should check the grade requirements for specific programs to determine if the grade earned at the offering institution is transferable to Alabama A&M University.
Transfer credit is assessed for admissions purposes only. Once officially enrolled, the Office of the Registrar is responsible for articulating transfer credit. Please keep in mind, not all transferrable hours are degree applicable.
If you are transferring from a public two-year community college in Alabama, visit Alabama Transfers to select a major and access a list of community colleges and core courses that will apply to your program of choice.
Please contact the Office Admissions at email@example.com for more information.