Nominations for induction in the Alabama A&M University Alumni Hall of Fame may be made by an individual or alumni chapter that meets the nomination guidelines. However, a chapter or individual may nominate only one person from a chapter or region in the same year.
All nominations must be submitted using the official Alabama A&M University Alumni Hall of Fame Nomination Form or by using the online form. Please make additional copies of the “official” Nomination Form, as needed.
The Nomination Form must be completed in its entirety. Consideration will only be given to nominees with completed forms, NO EXCEPTIONS.
If additional space is needed to complete the Nomination Form, please type or print on a separate page. (Please reference appropriate question.)
Separate nomination forms must be completed and submitted for nominees listed in more than one category of nomination.
The Alumni Hall of Fame Committee will make its recommendations based solely on the information provided on the Nomination Form. Resumes ‘and biographical sketches can be submitted as supporting documentation, but will not be considered as an official nomination.
EXPLANATION OF CRITERIA
- Must be a graduate of Alabama A&M University
- Achievements that have strengthened Alabama A&M University and advanced its purpose.
- Achievements that have enhanced the nominee’s reputation at a local, regional, national, or international level.
- Achievements in nominee’s field that benefited others at a regional, national or international level.
- Contributed to Alabama A&M University with a minimum lifetime donation of $5K by July 30, 2021.
- Nomination may be made posthumously
Nominees are presented every five (5) years for induction in the Alabama A&M University Alumni Hall of Fame. Outstanding individuals may be inducted from the following categories:
- Community Services
Nominations will be accepted:
- U.S. Mail using this official Alumni Hall of Fame Nomination Form (Download .PDF). Mail must be postmarked by August 13, 2021. Submissions received after postmarked deadline will be receive consideration.
- Online Nomination Form at www.aamu.edu/alumnihalloffame
Please note supporting documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without supporting documentation will not be accepted by the committee.
All nominations must be received by August 13, 2021.
*Please do not notify your nominee that he or she has been submitted for consideration as the nomination is not a guarantee of an election.
Public announcements will be made prior to the induction ceremony in August.