BEWARE of the Motor Voter Law
The National Voter Registration Act is commonly referred to as the "Motor Voter Law" because this law enables you to register to vote when you apply for your State of Alabama driver's license or identification card.
- This law REGISTERS individuals or CHANGES voting location when you RENEW your State of Alabama driver's license or your identification card.
ADDITIONAL Agency-Based Voter Registration
Under the National Voter Registration Act, the State of Alabama has also made voter registration available at selected state and local government offices. You may apply to register to vote when you apply for services or recertify for services at any of these offices:
- Driver's licensing office
- County and select municipal public libraries
- Department of Human Resources
- WIC Program, Department of Public Health
- Medicaid Agency
- Department of Rehabilitation Services