Skip to content
Voter drive tricks of the trade
- DO NOT sit behind a table.
- A clipboard is a voter registration volunteer's best friend.
- Walk up to people and ask if they need to register or update their address.
- Be a voter registration freeloader. Talk to groups organizing events, set up a table
with voter registration info and get your team out into the crowd with clipboards
to register voters on the spot.
- Set up a permanent voter registration station. A computer station in the student center,
library, dining hall, etc. makes it easy for students to register or update their
- Provided “pledge to vote” cards to students registering. Ask the students to address
a postcard to themselves with a reminder to vote.
- Collect “pledge to vote” cards from students registering. When it’s time to vote,
send the postcards to students as a reminder that they promised “I will vote.”