Lunch and Learn
MENTORING -Dr. Jeanette Jones, Guest Presenter for Oakwood University- NOVEMBER 5, 2020
The AAMU ADVANCE Mentoring Program is a volunteer program through which experienced faculty (Mentors) at AAMU who are knowledgeable about the campus and academic life, mentor new/junior faculty to:
- Orient them about the AAMU campus culture,
- To inform them about campus support services, and
- To assist them in the early stages and developments of their academic careers.
The Goals of the Mentoring Program are:
To help new faculty members to:
- Learn about AAMU, the surrounding community and support resources for faculty.
- Adjust to the new environment and become active members of the university quickly.
- Address questions, concerns, and unique needs in a confidential manner.
- Gain insight about teaching and career development from a seasoned faculty.
- Network with other faculty and develop a personal support system within AAMU.
To encourage experienced faculty to:
- Share their knowledge and experience with new faculty and gain professional satisfaction.
- Assist new faculty to adjust quickly to the campus and address their unique needs, concerns, or questions.
- Help shape the careers of new colleagues and enjoy opportunities for self-renewal.
- Provide a valuable service to the university by promoting collegiality through mentoring.
- Contribute to teaching, research and scholarly activities, and service mission of AAMU.
UAB ADVANCE SEMINAR SERIES
Dr. Jeanette Jones, Guest Panelist for Promotion and Tenure in STEM Departments – NOVEMBER 9, 2020