If you are unable to visit campus but would like to receive resumes of our students and/or recent graduates, we can provide them or provide you access to our resumes in Handshake.
Event & Recruitment Database
Handshake is a platform that connects talented Alabama A&M students and alumni with co-ops, internships and career opportunities. Employers can use Handshake to post jobs and browse student resumes 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How to List a Career Opportunity in Handshake
The first step to posting your position is to create an account in Handshake.
- Go to the Handshake web site to create a user profile. Once you have signed up, you will receive an email to verify your information.
- Click on the link in the email to finish the registration process. After you have finished creating a company profile or joining an existing company, your account will be approved within 2-3 business days. Complete all account information requested to minimize a suspicion of fraudulent activities.
- Once your account/profile has been approved, you will be able to log in to Handshake and post a job.
If you need assistance, go to the Handshake Help Center.
CDS Career Announcement Posting Policy
We do not accept postings from the following:
- Employers offering positions listed with a rate of pay lower than minimum wage (internships may be unpaid or compensated with a stipend as long as opportunities meet federal guidelines; detailed learning objectives are required in job descriptions)
- Employers using personal email address (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.); employer must always use their business email addresses
- Full-time job or internship opportunities whose applications are collected through personal email address (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
- Employers that charge program fees to students
Note: All job and internship postings are subject to approval. CDS reserves the final right to determine which postings are appropriate for inclusion in its database.