Money is in the air! The "Write Place" team has compiled a list of scholarships for the month of February. By clicking the names of each scholarship listed below, you will be linked to the respective website to learn more about these opportunities. Good luck!
Scholarship Deadline: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Scholarship Award: One first-place award of $1,000, one second-place award of $500, and one third-place award of $250 will be awarded in each of the four categories.
- Must be a legal resident of one of the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
Essay Topic: All entries must be original, previously unpublished in print or online media, and not accepted by any publisher at the time they are entered.
Scholarship Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020
Scholarship Award: $1,500 annually, non-renewable.
- Must be 13 years of age or older at time of application.
- Must be a legal U.S. resident.
- Must be a resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Essay Topic: "Not every gift has to be expensive or extravagant. In fact, sometimes it's the sweet and simple things that make a real difference in our lives. Think back and tell us about something you received as a gift and why it meant so much to you." (250 words or less)