Post-doctoral Teaching Fellowship in VLSI and Computer Engineering
A post-doctoral teaching fellowship in VLSI and computer engineering is available immediately in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Alabama A&M University. The successful candidate will work to enhance and modernize the curriculums and laboratories of the VLSI and computer engineering and teach classes in VLSI and computer engineering for undergraduate and graduate students. This position provides a valuable opportunity to work and collaborate with Apple through the Apple New Silicon Initiative Program for developing VLSI and computer engineering classes such as VLSI tapeout classes for both undergraduate and graduate students in a diverse environment.
- A Ph.D. (or completion of Ph.D. work by the starting date of work) in electrical engineering or computer engineering or closely related field.
- Significant coursework in VLSI design, digital logic and computer architecture.
- Strong knowledge of electronic design automation (EDA), hardware description language and/or FPGA tools.
- Familiar with the Cadence tool (such as Virtuoso, Innovus, Genus, and Voltus), Synopsys tool (such as Synopsys VCS and Synopsys MW, PT), and Mentor tool (such as Calibre).
- Coursework or research experience in tapeout of VLSI chips.
- Highly motivated and interested in working as a team member.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter describing teaching and research experience, interests, and future teaching and research and career goals as well as an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV). Please send any inquiry or question about the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application needs to be submitted through the AAMU Human Resource website: Apply Here.