Welcome to the Chemistry Program at AAMU.
The Chemistry Unit is committed to:
- Excellence in education and to the provision of a scholarly environment in which inquiring and discriminating minds may be nourished;
- The education of students for effective participation in local and national arenas;
- The search for new knowledge through research and its applications in commitment to
the development of its students to their highest potential through
- innovative and quality programs of instruction,
- challenging undergraduate research and
- establishment of co-operative programs with local industries, universities, and other
agencies interested in the development of and training of our students.
The Chemistry Unit is housed in V. M. Chambers (3rd floor) and Robert A. Carter Hall (4th floor). We have 8 full time Faculty members, a Chemical Laboratory Supervisor, Instrumental Laboratory Manager and Administrative Assistant.
Chemistry has acquired major equipment through grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Energy (DOE), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Education (Title III), and donations From the U.S. Army (MICOM), the Boeing Corporation, 3M, National Security Agency, Department of Defense, British Petroleum (BP) and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).