Student Success Stories
Taylor Hood- graduated in 2012, she is currently in a Ph.D. program in Analytical Chemistry at the University of Maryland College Park. She is from Gary, IN. She is a first generation college student. During her studies on the Hill, Ms. Hood received numerous honors and awards:
- ACS Student Leadership Award
- AAMU STEM Day 1st Place
- ACS Overcoming Challenges Award
- TMCF Student Leadership Award (http://www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net)
Ms. Hood has a scientific publication entitled Building and Refining complete Nanoparticle Structures with total scattering data (J. Appl. Cryst. (2011) 44, 327-336).
Ms. Hood’s dream is to become a Forensic Scientist who urges scientific research and technological advancement to help improve the safety of the community.
Regina Williams - graduated in 2012, she is currently in a Ph.D program in Organic Chemistry at Ohio State University . During her studies on the Hill, Ms. Williams received numerous honors and awards:
- Provost Scholarship
- National Defense Industrial Association Scholarship
- NOBCCHE’s Lubrizol Corporation Undergraduate Award
- Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory Summer Internship Opportunity
- Alabama Space Grant Consortium
Ms. Williams was afforded the opportunity to present her research performed during her summer internship at LBNL at the NOBBCHE Annual Conference in Houston, TX. The Lubrizol Corporation undergraduate award funded her travel, registration, and hotel costs to the conference. The title of her presentation was “Formation of Gas and Particulate Pollutants from Ozone reactions in ventilation systems.