Welcome, students, family members, and guests to Alabama A&M University's Commencement exercises. We wish to extend our congratulations to the graduating students and their families on this once-in-a-lifetime occasion.
The Spring 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be on April 30, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
This year's Commencement is at the Louis Crews Stadium. When Commencement is held at the Vonn Braun Center, the vendor Commencement Flowers is present. Commencement Flowers has modified their operations consistent with COVID 19 protocols in order to serve the graduates on this special day.
Commencement Flowers Information
To further contribute to a safe and efficient environment for graduates, guests, and faculty, we are strongly encouraging customers to take advantage of Commencement Flowers online pre-order service. We will have a contact-free customer experience for the guests who are simply picking up their pre-purchased and reserved products. This will also increase overall physical distancing measures.
The pre-order link for commencement is: https://www.thecommencementgroup.com/aamu/
- Mask/Face Coverings: Required for all graduates, participants and guests. Everyone entering the stadium will be required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Physical Distancing: Ushers will assist guests to their seats to ensure physical distancing. Graduates will be spaced apart to allow for practicable physical distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer: Stations will be provided as students enter the field and walk up the ramp on the stage.
- Temperature Checks: All participants, guests and graduates’ temperatures will be checked prior to entering the stadium. If your temperature is over 100.4, you will not be permitted entrance.
- Disinfecting: Chairs and bleachers will be disinfected prior to the ceremony.
The following AAMU Athletic safety protocols will be in place for all guests entering Louis Crews Stadium:
- Clear Bag Policy: Guests must adhere to AAMU Athletics’ Clear Bag Policy for entry into Louis Crews Stadium, permitting a small clutch purse (4 ½” by 6 ½”) with or without a handle or strap, along with either a 12” by 6” by 12” clear tote bag or one-gallon freezer bag.
- Metal Detectors: Guests are required to pass through metal detectors
All graduates and guests must adhere to Louis Crews Stadium’s safety protocols. For a list of prohibited items, please visit AAMU Athletics game day policy.
- Graduates may NOT take purses or backpacks onto the field
- Graduates are permitted to bring a small camera and/or a call phone that can either be left in their seat or placed in their pocket when crossing the stage.
- Graduates may NOT bring alcoholic beverages, inflatable objects, umbrellas, balls, or any toys.
- Graduates may NOT bring any liquids into the Stadium. Bottled water will be provided free of charge.
- Guests are permitted to bring umbrellas in the event of light rain (must fit inside clear bag).
- Guests are permitted to bring in one clear bag (no bigger than 4.5”x3.4”), a gallon zip lock bag, a seat cushion, a clutch or small purse, and a wallet. Prohibited items include backpacks, camera cases, diaper bags, oversized bags, large purses, or tinted plastic bags.
- Guests are required to pass through metal detectors and asked to check their bags. Please be respectful to security personnel and allow additional time to enter the Stadium. Guest may enter the stadium two hours prior to the ceremony start time.
Livestream: Family members, friends, and members of the AAMU community who are unable to attend Commencement may view the event online via our AAMU Livestream page.