Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
Program Policy Statement
Alabama A&M University Department of Transportation (AAMUDOT) established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. As a recipient of Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation and as a condition of receiving this assistance, AAMUDOT has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26 and AAMUDOT. It is the policy of AAMUDOT to ensure that DBEs as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT–assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT – assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs and Small Business in DOT assisted contracts;
- To promote the use of DBEs in all types of Federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities.
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing, and providing opportunities to DBEs.
Marshall P. Chimwedzi, has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, Mr. Chimwedzi is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is afforded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the AAMUDOT BTS in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
DBE OVERALL GOAL-SETTING METHODOLOGY
The Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Department of Transportation (AAMUDOT) operator of the Bulldog Transit System (BTS) Normal, Alabama, has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program Goal of 12% in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 Code of Federal Regulations Part 26. The AAMUDOT has received financial assistance from the DOT (Federal Transit Administration) and, as a condition of receiving that assistance, the AAMUDOT is signatory of an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26 DBE regulations.
The AAMUDOT has proposed an overall DBE goal and rationale for FTA funding for Fiscal Years 2024-2026. The proposed overall DBE goal for FTA funded projects that are expected to be awarded in Fiscal Years 2024-2026. The AAMUDOT will accept public comments on the overall goal through November 30,2023. Requests for a copy of the proposed goal and rationale, along with any public comments, should be addressed to:
AAMUDOT DBE Liaison Officer: Marshall P. Chimwedzi
Alabama A&M University
Department of Transportation
315 Patton Hall
Normal, Alabama 35762
P: (256) 372-4762
F: (256) 372-8305
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or email: email@example.com
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software