Gwendolyn Brooks Poetry Contest!
Get Paid for your Poetry!
PRIZES: 1st: $100, 2nd: $75, 3rd: $50
• Written in Microsoft Word or saved as a PDF and titled only (any self-identifying information on the poem(s) themselves will disqualify the poem(s);
• Formatted using 12-point sized Times New Roman font;
• Sixty lines or less (refers only to the body of the poem);
• Sixty-six characters or less on each line (refers to the formatting limit of sixty-six characters per line which includes letters, punctuation, and spaces. More than sixty-six characters/line or sixty lines (based on 12- point font) will not be considered);
• Submitted with a cover letter, and
• Submitted using the following link: Spring 2021 Poetry Submissions
THE COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE
• Name as you want it to appear in our records, publications, and certificate;
• A#/Banner number;
• US Post Office mailing address and email address;
• Title of poem
• Brief biography of no more than 120 words, written in third person. Feel free to add any website or contact information as well.