The Planning Accreditation Board requires this information be posted for the Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning (BSUP) and Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) programs.
A number of BSUP and MURP students at Alabama A&M University were able to complete internships in the past year although internship is not required in both academic programs.
The BSUP student internships in 2019 are as follows:
- U.S. DOT Volpe Center
- Bloomberg Philanthropies
- City of Birmingham, AL
- City of Huntsville, AL
- IBM on the Arsenal
- PAK Legacy Community Development Corp.
- Alabama A&M University Community Development Corp.
The MURP student internships in 2019 are as follows:
- U.S. DOT Federal Highway Administration
- U.S. DOT Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups
- Planning Department of the City of Huntsville, AL
- Huntsville Housing Authority
- City of Huntsville Bus Depot
- Urban Impact, Inc.
- USDA Rural Development
BSUP and MURP students also received competitive awards and scholarships in the past year as follows:
- Shawn Jenkins, 2019 Billy Bridgeforth Scholarship, BSUP
- Ryan Saddler, 2019 Alabama Farm Credit Scholarship, BSUP
- Tyree Whitson, Amanda Rice and Veronica Challenger, 2018 ACSP Pre-doctoral Workshop for Underrepresented Students of Color, MURP
- Aliyah Riley, Second place for Outstanding Achievement in Family, Youth, Community & Economic Development for Graduate Student Competitive Poster Presentation, 2019 ARD Research Symposium, Jacksonville. MURP
- Aliyah Riley and Shanikka Cole, 2nd place for poster in Agricultural Life and Natural Sciences. 2019 Alabama A&M University STEM Day. MURP
2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
The official cost of attendance in the academic year of 2019-2020 is as follows:
Student Retention Rate
|Percentage of MURP students who began studies in fall 2018 and continued into fall 2019||73%|
|Percentage of BSUP students who began studies in fall 2018 and continued into fall 2019||83%|
Student Graduation Rate
|Percentage of MURP students graduating within 4 years, entering class of 2015||60%|
|Percentage of BSUP students graduating within 6 years, entering class of 2013||72%|
Number of Degrees Awarded
|Number of MURP degrees awarded for the 2018-2019 Academic Year||9|
|Number of BSUP degrees awarded for the 2018-2019 Academic Year||5|
|Percentage of MURP graduates taking the AICP exam within 5 years who pass, graduating class of 2014||0%|
|Percentage of BSUP graduates taking the AICP exam within 7 years who pass, graduating class of 2012||0%|
|Percentage of fulltime MURP graduates obtaining professional planning, planning-related or other positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2018||77%|
|Percentage of fulltime BSUP graduates obtaining professional planning, planning-related or other positions within 12 months of graduation, graduating class of 2018||80%|