Bulldogs Brigade Military Alumni Association
Greeting Fellow Bulldog Brigade Alumni
Over the last year the ROTC Battalion Cadre and some Military Alumni have been meeting to form a Military Alumni Group. As you know getting an organization of this magnitude of the ground requires commitment. We have been fortunate that the Cadre and all Alumni contacted are supportive of this effort.
We are at a point where the framework of the organization is in place with a few more details to
work out. Several achievable goals have been established, resulting from the Cadre’s perspective and the Alumni capabilities. The Cadre outlined the following areas where support is needed, and identified some long term achievable goals:
- Financial support for specific leadership training events that cadets are involved.
- Financial support for health and welfare issues that plague some Cadets.
- To coordinate with the Alumni Group to establish a Bulldog Brigade Alumni Hall of Fame with the first class induction in April 2020.
- To commission the 1000th Cadet since the founding of the ROTC program at Alabama A&M University.
The Alumni identified the following achievable goals and capabilities:
- Stand up the Military Alumni Group
- Work to develop the organization’s 501(3c)
- To Establish a Bulldog Brigade Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Provide financial support to the ROTC program as funds permit.
- Promote and get involved in the professional development of Cadets as they prepare to exit the program.
It’s a great time for the Bulldog Battalion and we want to be part of its continued growth and development. The achievements of the many officers that have gone through this program are remarkable. I think I speak for all in saying, we are better because of this program.
God bless you, the United States, the U.S. Military and this distinguish program.
Sims H. Smith COL (ret) Class of 75
Normal, AL 35762