Honors Convocation Overview
The Annual Academic Honors Convocation is held the first Thursday in April, after spring break. The 2023 Annual Academic Honors Convocation will be on Thursday, April 6, 2023, at 12:30 p.m.
WHAT IS THE HONORS CONVOCATION?
The Honors Convocation is an opportunity for the university community to recognize the academic achievements of undergraduate students with full-time enrollment. The 2023 Convocation will present awards achieved in the Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 semesters.
WHO IS RECOGNIZED?
Students who made the Dean's List, Honor Roll, Freshman Honor Roll, Freshman President’s Award list, and those students receiving the coveted Presidential Medallions in either the spring or fall semester of the previous year are recognized.
Special recognition is given to Honors Program participants, Honda Campus All-Star Challenge (HCASC) team members, Scholar Athletes, and students selected as the Outstanding Scholar representing the Academic College of their major.
When the ceremony is in-person, presidential honorees must arrive early between 11:15 and 11:45 a.m. to receive a printed name card for individual recognition. As indicated on the printed program, presidential award recipients will come forward and present the name card to the announcer. Students must be professionally dressed BEFORE a name card is distributed. Students listed on the Dean’s List and Honor Roll will be recognized as a group.
WHO IS INVITED?
Everyone! Families and friends of recognized students are encouraged to view this year’s live stream, along with anyone from the university and Huntsville community.
WHAT DO I WEAR TO AN IN-PERSON CEREMONY?
Only those students who are professionally dressed will be recognized.
- For males – dress slacks, necktie, jacket or suit (no caps or hats);
- For females – nice dress (at or below the knee), skirt (at or below the knee) or pants suit.
- Stage-participants dress in full academic regalia.
Students wearing t-shirts, shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, halter tops, and/or miniskirts WILL NOT be recognized at the Honors Convocation.
For more examples please visit Career Development's Dress to Impress.
See the links below for more information about the Academic Honors Convocation.
- Spring 2022/Fall 2022 Compiled Award Roster
- Instructions for Reviewing Rosters
- Convocation Certificate Correction Request
- Award Criteria
RULES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Students are only eligible to receive ONE medallion
- Students will receive each award that was earned, however, students will only be RECOGNIZED by their HIGHEST award at the Honors Convocation at the in-person and/or the livestream.
- All awards are based on a student’s full-time enrollment in regular academic coursework. Students enrolled in the following developmental/transitional courses are INELIGIBLE:
- Reading (EDU 100/EDU 010),
- Reading with Lab (EDU 100L/EDU 010L),
- College Reading (EDU 150/EDU 011),
- Developmental English (ENG 100/ENG 010),
- Developmental Mathematics (MTH 100/MTH 010),
- Fundamentals of Mathematics (MTH 101/MTH 011),
- Intermediate Algebra (MTH 105/ MTH 012),
- Modern Mathematics (MTH 013).
- Pass/Fail and Incomplete grades are not included.
CONVOCATION HONOREES (FOR IN-PERSON CEREMONIES)
THE DRESS CODE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. THOSE STUDENTS NOT APPROPRIATELY DRESSED WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WALK UP FRONT AND ACCEPT AN AWARD.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REVIEWING ROSTERS
Look for your name on the roster(s) of the awards(s) for which you believe you qualify. (Tip: Press ‘Ctrl + F’ to find your name quickly)
Be sure your name is spelled correctly—this is how it will appear on your award certificate(s) and in the Academic Honors Day program.
If your information is not correct, please submit a Convocation Certificate Correction Request.