The Annual Academic Honors Convocation is held the first Thursday of every April. This year the Convocation was held on Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 12:30pm in the T.M. Elmore Building (Gym).
What is the Honors Convocation?
The Honors Convocation is an opportunity for the university community to recognize the academic achievements of undergraduate students with full-time enrollment. 2019’s Convocation will present awards achieved in the Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 semesters.
Who is recognized?
Students who made the Dean's List, Honor Roll, Freshman Honor Roll, Freshman President’s Award list, and those students receiving the coveted Presidential Medallions in either the spring or fall semester of the previous year are recognized.
Special recognition is given to Honors Program participants, Honda Campus All-Star Challenge (HCASC) team members, Scholar Athletes, Members of Alpha Kappu Mu Honors Society, and students selected as the Outstanding Scholar representing the Academic College of their major.
All honorees must arrive between 11:15 and 11:45 a.m. to receive their printed name card for recognition. They must report to the tables set up on the 2nd floor west balcony. As indicated on the printed program, ALL award recipients will come forward and present the name card to the announcer. You must be professionally dressed BEFORE you receive your name card. Students arriving after the 11:45 a.m. deadline will not be recognized.
Who is invited?
Everyone! Families and friends of recognized students are encouraged to attend along with anyone from the university and Huntsville community.
Only those students who are professionally dressed will be recognized.
- For males – dress slacks, necktie, jacket or suit (no caps or hats);
- For females – nice dress (at or below the knee), skirt (at or below the knee) or pants suit.
- Stage-participants dress in full academic regalia.
Students wearing t-shirts, shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, halter tops, and/or miniskirts WILL NOT be recognized at the Honors Convocation.
See the links below for more information about the Academic Honors Convocation.
Rules & Instructions
- Students are only eligible to receive ONE medallion
- Students will receive each award that was earned, however, students will only be RECOGNIZED by their HIGHEST award at the Honors Convocation.
- All awards are based on a student’s full-time enrollment in regular academic coursework.
Students enrolled in the following developmental/transitional courses are INELIGIBLE:
- Reading (EDU 100/EDU 010),
- Reading with Lab (EDU 100L/EDU 010L),
- College Reading (EDU 150/EDU 011),
- Developmental English (ENG 100/ENG 010),
- Developmental Mathematics (MTH 100/MTH 010),
- Fundamentals of Mathematics (MTH 101/MTH 011),
- Intermediate Algebra (MTH 105/ MTH 012),
- Modern Mathematics (MTH 013).
- Pass/Fail and Incomplete grades are not included.
1. Please arrive between 10:15 and 11:45 to sign in and receive your name card. (Students arriving after the deadline may not receive a name card. If you do not have a name card you will not be able to come forward and accept an award.)
2. Wear dressy/business attire. Suit, slacks, skirts & dresses (must be at or below the knee).
THE DRESS CODE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. THOSE STUDENTS NOT APPROPRIATELY DRESSED WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WALK UP FRONT AND ACCEPT AN AWARD.
3. Students must not accept an award and then leave. Unnecessary traffic flow will not be permitted.
Look for your name on the roster(s) of the awards(s) for which you believe you qualify. (Tip: Press ‘Ctrl + F’ to find your name quickly)
Be sure your name is spelled correctly—this is how it will appear on your award certificate(s) and in the Academic Honors Day program.
If your information is not correct, please submit a Roster Correction Form.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software