VBC Event Safety Rules
The Von Braun Center is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all guests. All guests shall remain respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons and comply with requests from VBC staff regarding policies, emergency response procedures, and behavior that impacts the event experience of fellow spectators. The Von Braun Center values the support of all guests, and reserves the right to eject any guest for any reason, including not attending the event with dignity and respect.
All patrons entering the Von Braun Center during an event are subject to screening, which varies from event-to-event. Screenings range from visual inspection and bag search to screenings by a magnetometer (metal detector) and/or pat-down search conducted by security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items.
Arrive at the event venue well in advance of the posted start time. The VBC has increased typical staffing levels for events to get each and every person into the building in a timely manner but can make no guarantees.
The following items are not permitted in the Von Braun Center:
- Aerosol cans
- Any noise making devices (specifically air horns, sirens, or whistles)
- Bags/purses larger than 14” x 14”x 6”
- Bottles or cans
- Chains over 6” in length
- Food and drink purchased outside of the Von Braun Center
- Frisbees and/or beach balls
- GoPro cameras
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Jewelry or belts of any kind containing spikes or studs
- Large umbrellas
- Laser pointers
- Poles or sticks (including signs attached to poles)
- Professional cameras/camera bags
- Recording devices
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons or dangerous devices of any kind. ("Weapons" may include firearms, pocketknives, pepper spray, stun gun/Taser, and wallet chains.)