National Board Certified Teachers
The AAMU/UAH Regional Inservice Center offers mentoring support for #ALRegion3 educators. Our mentors “walk alongside” candidates to support them “ through the certification process, often starting before the teacher actually applies for certification. Candidate support providers ask questions that help a candidate show evidence more clearly, are sensitive to a candidate’s emotional needs, help candidates create organizational systems to manage the process, locate resources to help with technology demands, and provide models of feedback that broaden and deepen the candidate’s own analytical abilities”.
Regional Candidate Support Providers
- Kerry Bush, NBCT (CSP)
- Elisabeth Johnson, NBCT (CSP)
- Dr. Amanda Lemons, NBCT (CSP)
- Brad Lett, NBCT (CSP)
- Jamie Mayas, NBCT (CSP)
- Stephanie Lett, NBCT (CSP & Regional Facilitator)
Alabama NBCT Scholarship
National Board Certification of Teachers - $450,000 appropriated and at least $50,000 of this appropriation shall be expended for Accomplished Teaching, Learning and Schools (ATLAS), and at least $50,000 shall be expended for candidate support and professional development during the certification process. The balance of funds shall be expended to provide fee support to candidates seeking certification. Any unused portion of the funds shall be expended for aforementioned candidate support and professional development. Candidates whose annual household income exceeds three times the most recently available median household income ($120,000) for the state of Alabama shall not be eligible for fee support. Priority shall be given to candidates in certificate areas with high needs as determined by the State Superintendent of Education (e.g. mathematics, literacy, science, early childhood, middle childhood, etc.); candidates who agree to teach at a school with five or fewer National Board Certified Teachers for a period of three years; and additional need criteria determined by the State Superintendent of Education.
Apply for 2020-2021 Alabama NBCT ScholarshipState NBCT Scholarship Contact Dr. Boyd Rogan firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison County area Educators
Did you know....Creative Cities in partnership with The Schools Foundation (Madison County Schools, Madison City Schools and Huntsville City Schools) is on a mission to achieve the highest number of NBCTs in the nation!?!?
- What is Raise Your Hand?Raise Your Hand is a visionary initiative to achieve the highest concentration of National Board Certified Teachers nationwide. NBCTs are proven to increase student achievement, improve schools, and generate ROI for the community. Our goal is to have 27% concentration of National Board Certified Teachers in Huntsville City, Madison City, and Madison County school systems. To accomplish this, Creative Cities is partnering with The Schools Foundation to fund 500 new NBCTs over the next five years. Back to Top
Who is Creative Cities Funds?
"The Creative Cities Fund is the philanthropic arm of the Huntsville Committee of 100. It exists to help our community make the leap to become a visionary city that attracts thought leaders, creators, entrepreneurs, and businesses alike. We look for smart, tangible opportunities to spur economic development and improve education in our community. The Creative Cities Fund is about innovation – backed by a solid business plan.
Click to learn about their community investments over the last five years.Back to Top
- Want more information about Raise Your Hand's fundraising efforts?
Are you an educator in Huntsville City Schools, Madison County Schools or Madison City Schools and interested in learning more about how to apply for the scholarship? Contact your respective district point(s) of contact listed below.
NBPTS Atlas Portal
ATLAS (Accomplished Teaching, Learning and Schools) provides a library of authentic cases of accomplished teaching practice indexed to common teaching and learning frameworks across a wide variety of classroom settings.
What ATLAS offers...
- Access to more than 1,400 cases covering most subjects, grades and school settings. Indexed to standards and frameworks for teachers and students, ATLAS cases offer a visual representation of these standards providing a clear image of accomplished teaching.
- All ATLAS cases are from National Board Certified Teachers. Each video case has been validly assessed as accomplished practice, according to National Board Standards.
- Video cases are comprised of an authentic unedited video, the teacher’s written reflection about the lesson, and related instructional materials.
Want more information about NBCT support and resources offered through the AAMU/UAH Regional Inservice Center? Complete the #ALRegion3 NBCT Interest Survey. If you’d like access to ATLAS, complete the form, and indicate that you’d like to receive access to ATLAS in the “Is there anything else you’d like to share with us” section of the form.
#ALRegion3NBCTs are #NBCTStrong !
Additional NBCT Resources
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) Support
- Guide to National Board Certification
- What Teachers Should Know & Be Able To Do: NBPTS 5 Core Propositions
- First Time and Returning Candidate Resources
- Maintenance of Certificate (MOC) Resources
- NBCT Candidate FAQs
- Assessment Center Information
- Candidate Portfolio Submission
- Alabama NBCT Scholarship Information Spring 2021
Let the AAMU/UAH Inservice Center mentor you through the National Board process. You should not have to attempt it alone!
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software