Mohamed Ashour, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor and Coordinator
Ph.D. - Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno (1998)
M.S. - Civil Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt, Egypt (1991)
B.S. - Civil Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt (1986)
2017-Present: Associate Professor, and Coordinator of Civil Engineering program Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, AL
2013-2016: Professor and Head of Building & Construction Program, Department of Structural Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt
2008-2013: Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL
2005-2008: Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, West Virginia University, Institute of Technology (WV-Tech), WV
1999-2004: Research Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, NV
Soil-Structure-Interaction; Laterally and Axially Loaded Piles/Large Diameter Shafts; Soil Modeling; Soil Liquefaction and Lateral Soil Spread, Slope Stabilization; Seismic Behavior of Deep Foundations and Bridge Abutments; Experimental Testing.
Soil Mechanics, Advanced Soil Mechanics, Foundation Design, Advanced Geotechnical Engineering, Retaining Structures, Seepage and Water Flow, Earthquake Engineering, Slope Stability, Mechanics of Materials, Statics, Civil Engineering Materials, Dams and Earth Structures, Finite Element Method, Structure Analysis, Computer Programing.
Licensed Professional Engineer, P.E., California and Nevada
Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Member of the Deep Foundation Institute (DFI)
Member of the Southeast Asian Geotechnical Society (SEAGS)
1. Ibrahiem, A., Ashour, M., and El-Tahrany, A. (2018) "Pile Response Under Axial Tension Forces in Sandy Soils." Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, (Accepted, in press)
2. Ashour, M., and Helal, A. (2017) “Pre-Liquefaction and Post-Liquefaction Responses of Axially Loaded Piles in Sands.” International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, Vol. 17, No. 9.
3. Ashour, M., and Helal, A. (2014) “Contribution of Vertical Skin Friction to the Lateral Resistance of Large Diameter Shafts” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 289–302.
4. Ashour, M., and Ardalan, H. (2012). “P-y Curve and Lateral Response of Piles in Fully Liquefied Sands.” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 49, pp. 633-650.
5. Ashour, M., and Ardalan, H. (2012) “Analysis of Pile Stabilized Slopes Based on Soil-Pile interaction.” Journal of Computers and Geotechnics, ELSEVIER, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 85-97.