Sudip Bhattacharjee, Ph.D., P.E.
Website: Click here for the professional website of Dr. Sudip Bhattacharjee (external link).
Ph.D. – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), 2005
MSc. (Eng.) – Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (IISc), 2001
B.C.E. – Department of Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
2012-Present Associate Professor, Alabama A and M University, Huntsville, AL
2006-2012 Assistant Professor, Alabama A and M University, Huntsville, AL
2005-2006 Research Associate, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Reliability based assessment of the impacts of climate change on transportation infrastructure
Reliability analysis of pavement and transportation infrastructure
Developing code provisions for load and resistance factor based design
Transportation material characterization and modeling
Relaxation behavior of dielectric and viscoelastic materials
Transportation Engineering, Pavement Design, Reliability Engineering
Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
Reviewer: Transportation Research Record, ASCE Journal of Transportation, Mechanics of Time Dependent Materials, Transports of Institution of Civil Engineers, Construction Materials of Institution of Civil Engineers, International Journal of Pavement Engineering.
Reviewer, NSF review panels.
Member, CETPS Promotion and Tenure Committee
Senator, Faculty Senate from Civil Engineering
1. Bhattacharjee, S. (2019). "Effects of Climate Change on Fatigue Performance of Flexible Pavements in North Alabama." Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2019.
2. Bhattacharjee, S. (2017). “Incorporating Uncertainties in Flexible Pavement Design.” Transport, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Thomas Telford Ltd, 170(3), 158-170.
3. Bhattacharjee, S. (2016). “Imperfect Preventive Maintenance Strategy for Flexible Pavements Based on Threshold Reliability, Cost Optimization and Mechanistic Empirical Analysis.” Transportation Research Record, Transportation Research Board, 2589, 32-39.
4. Bhattacharjee, S., and Alim, M. A. (2015). “Frequency Dependent Impedance and Admittance (immittance) Data-Handling and Interpretation Using Complex Plane Formalisms Via Nonlinear Regression Analysis for Smart Electronic Materials and Devices: Overview and Case Studies.” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, Springer, 26(7), 4521-4540.
5. Bhattacharjee, S. (2017). “Probabilistic Modeling of Material Properties of Flexible Pavements for Mechanistic Empirical and Reliability Analysis.” Proceedings of Geotechnical Frontiers 2017: Transportation Facilities, Structures, and Site Investigation, American Society of Civil Engineers, Orlando, Florida, March 12-15, 2017, 281-290.