Pooja Preetha, Ph.D.
Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
Ph.D.– University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), 2019, USA
MS in CE – Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM), 2013, India
Bachelor in CE – College of Engineering, Trivandrum (CET), 2011, India
2019-Present: AssistantProfessor, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, AL, USA
2015-2019: Graduate Research Assistant, Civil Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville UAH), Alabama, USA
2013-2015: Assistant Project Manager, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), Bangalore, India
Spatiotemporally dynamic modeling and monitoring of water quality.
Groundwater quality and nutrient transport modeling implementing remote sensing and hydrologic models. Vulnerability assessment of climate variability and land use land cover change effects on water quality of river basins.
Investigation of mixed land covers encompassing water bodies and structures.
Introduction to Civil Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Engineering, Hydrogeology, Hydraulic Engineering & Design, Environmental Engineering, Surface Hydrology, Soil Mechanics and Foundation, Simulation Modeling
Member, American Geophysical Union, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Reviewer: GIScience & Remote Sensing, Hydrogeology Journal, Water Resources Management, Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A, Transportation Research Board, International Journal of Hydrology Science and Technology, Journal of Dryland Agriculture, International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
Reviewer, National Science Foundation Review Panels
Honor society, Sigma Alpha Pi
Leadership Certification, The National Society of Leadership and Success
1. Preetha, P.P., Al-Hamdan, A.Z, Anderson, M.D., 2019. Assessment of climate variability and short term land use land cover change effects on water quality of Cahaba river basin. International Journal of Hydrology Science and Technology (online).
2. Preetha, P.P., Al‑ Hamdan, A.Z., 2018. Multi-level pedotransfer modification functions of the USLE-K factor for annual soil erodibility estimation of mixed landscapes. Modelling Earth Systems and Environment 5(3): 767:779.
3. Al‑ Hamdan, A.Z., Preetha, P.P., Al‑ Hamdan, M.Z., Crosson, WL; Albashaireh, R.N., 2018. Reconnoitering the linkage between cardiovascular disease mortality and long-term exposures to outdoor environmental factors in the USA using remotely-sensed data. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A 809-818.
4. Al‑ Hamdan, A.Z., Preetha, P.P., Albashaireh, R.N., Al‑ Hamdan, M.Z., Crosson, WL; 2018. Investigating the effects of environmental factors on autism spectrum disorder in the USA using remotely sensed data. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 25(8):7924-7936.
5. Preetha, P.P., Shirani-bidabadi, N., Al-Hamdan, A.Z, Anderson, M.D., 2020. Applying NBI, HEC-RAS and GIS for Assessment of Flood Zonation and Land Cover Exposures to Floods: Case Studies of Bridges in Alabama. Transportation Research Board, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software