Save Time. Save Money. Take CLEP.
The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already
know by earning qualifying scores on any of 34 examinations.
CLEP Institutional Policy
Earn credit for knowledge you've acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
View the AAMU Score and Credit Information by Exam
CLEP allows you to search which courses and minimum scores are accepted by AAMU and other institutions for college credit.
How CLEP Helps You
- Save time. Depending on your college's CLEP policy, a satisfactory score on a CLEP exam can
earn you from 3 to 12 college credits.
- Save money.
The cost of a CLEP exam is $115 (The Fee is comprised of a $30 administration fee charged by Alabama A&M University and a $85 testing fee), a fraction of the tuition and fees for the corresponding course.
- Make college more interesting.
Skip general introductory courses and move on to more advanced classes, or explore new and challenging academic areas.
- Graduate on time.
CLEP can help you to the finish line if you're a few credits shy of graduation.
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement.
Demonstrate your ability in college math or a foreign language.
HOW TO REGISTER for your exam
- Visit CLEP to register for your exam topic
- Choose: Alabama A&M University Test Center Code: 1003
- Then complete the AAMU Testing Services CLEP Testing Form or contact our Testing Services Center to schedule an appointment to complete your exam
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software