Proctoring services are available at Alabama A&M University (AAMU) during regularly scheduled testing sessions. A proctored exam is an exam that is administered by an individual who supervises the student while they are taking the exam. The use of proctoring services is to ensure the integrity and security of the exam in a secure environment. Alabama A&M University is a member of the National College Testing Consortium which provides proctoring services for AAMU students enrolled in online courses and students attending other colleges and universities (non-AAMU students). Institutions across the nation utilize Alabama A&M University as a testing site.
Alabama A&M University's Testing Services provides free test proctoring for Alabama A&M University students who can attend specific testing sessions on campus at the Testing Lab.
Students needing this service should make an appointment as soon as they become aware of their test dates by clicking the link below.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW to take your test.
Looking for a test center or proctor outside of the AAMU area?
Proctor Approval Form, for ONLINE OFF CAMPUS OPTION - once the form is completed and returned, the potential Proctor will be vetted based on the information provided
All examinees utilizing AAMU Proctoring Services must review and adhere to AAMU Test Center Rules and/or those rules governed by your home institution.
Students who are taking Independent Study or online classes at other institutions may elect to have their exams administered at Alabama A&M University. The sponsoring school or company must send exams directly to the Testing Services. Included with the exam should be any instructions for the proctor and any forms to be completed and returned. The sponsoring school will determine allotted time (or maximum time limits) and special testing conditions. No calculators, notes, or books will be allowed unless specified by the sponsoring institution. The testing fee is $30 for up to 3 hours. All students (AAMU or non-AAMU) must adhere to the following:
- Follow their home institution's procedures for on-site or off-site testing and adhere to maximum time limits on each test.
- Register Online for the proctored test
- Review and adhere to AAMU Test Center Rules and those rules governed by your home institution.
- On the day of testing, bring
- a government-issued photo ID (two forms of identification is highly encouraged to ensure entry)
- receipt of online test registration and payment of test administration fee; examinees who do not show confirmation/or receipt of payment (as it applies) will not be allowed to test.
- items allowed for your test only. DO NOT BRING ELECTRONIC DEVICES.
- Complete the Online Proctoring Request Form, Wait for a confirmation e-mail from us (within 2 business days).
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
*Closed for lunch daily from 12-1pm
Please adjust your request time based on our open office hours.
Call 256-372-5628 for more information or visit AAMU Testing Services office during office hours.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software