GED SCORES AND TRANSCRIPTS
Alabama State GED Program Testing of the Alabama Community College System has partnered with GED Testing Service for fulfillment of requests for GED transcripts and diplomas.
Alabama GED Testing office will no longer accept paper, phone, fax, e-mail, or walk-in requests for the fulfillment of GED credentials.
A $15.00 fee will be charged by GED Testing Service to process requests for duplicate copies. Please contact GED Testing Service online and select Alabama or by telephone at 888-906-4031.
The Alabama A&M University (AAMU) GED Testing Office can fulfill requests for GED transcripts, only, of candidates who tested and passed at AAMU.
A $10.00 fee will be charged by AAMU Testing Service to process requests for duplicate transcript copies. For AAMU GED Transcript availability, complete the Online Preliminary GED TRANSCRIPT REQUEST, we will attempt to search our files and respond within 1-2 business days.
- The Test Series has changed effective January 2, 2014, and will only be given on computer at an authorized Computer Based Site
- Scores for the 2002 Series or prior will not carry forward to the new Test Series
- Parental Consent forms are still needed for computer based testing (Age 17 only)
- Age Waivers signed by the Superintendent of the last school attended are still needed for computer based testing (Age 17)
To take the Alabama GED® test, you must be officially withdrawn from school and be 18 years of age or older. Exceptions to the age requirement may be granted if:
YOU ARE 17 YEARS OF AGE, BUT LESS THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE
Have the Superintendent (or designee) of the school district where you last attended complete and sign the GED® Age Waiver Form. A parent, guardian or court official must sign the GED® Parental Consent Form. Applicants are required to submit the GED® Age Wavier Form and Parental Consent Form annually (January - December). If you are not successful on the GED® test during that calendar year, you will not be required to resubmit a new Age Waiver Form and Parental Consent Form with the second or third application.
The cost of the computer-based GED test is $120.
The 2014 GED® Test Specifications
- Four content areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) (150 minutes)
- Section 1 (35 minutes*)
- Section 2 (45 minutes)
- Student Break (10 minutes)
- Section 3 (60 minutes*)
*The time allotted for sections 1 and 3 may vary slightly, but the total test time will always be 150 minutes.
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Part 1 - (first 5 test questions) calculator not allowed
- Part 2 - (remaining 41 test questions) calculator allowed
- As of Friday, February 21, 2014, the standard time allowance on the GED® test - Mathematical Reasoning was increased by 25 minutes.
- The time allowance for GED Ready™ - Mathematical Reasoning was also increased by 13 minutes.
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
- Section 1 (65 minutes)
- Section 2 (25 minutes)
- English and Spanish
- 3 opportunities to test per year, per content area
- Seven different item types:
- Extended response
- Hot spot
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
- Delivered on computer (not online)
- Paper testing only available as an accommodation