We study the regulation of lipid metabolism in Yarrowia lipolytica, a model oleaginous yeast. Oleaginous yeasts store their energy in the form of lipids,
in a manner that is similar to mammalian cells. However, the process of lipid accumulation
in oleaginous microorganisms is poorly understood.
- Kassama, L.S and Liu, L. 2017. In Vitro Modeling of the Gastrointestinal Tract: Significance in Food and Nutritional Research
and Health Implications. Food & Nutrition Journal, 2017(7):131-136.
- Kassama, L.S. and Misir, J. 2017. Physicochemical Properties and Control Release of Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis Miller)
Bioactive Loaded Poly (Lactic Co-Glycolide Acid) Synthesized Nanoparticles. Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science, 7(4): 333-348.
- Kassama, L.S. Kuponiyi, A.J. & Kukhtareva, T. 2017. Effect of Laser Ablation on the Physicochemical Properties of Microwave-Assisted Synthesized
AgNP in Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) Extract. Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science, 7: 393-407.
- Kassama, L.S. and Ngadi, M.O. 2017. Modeling Moisture Diffusivity in Deboned Chicken Breast during Deep-Fat Frying, Food & Nutrition Journal, 2017(6):127-133.
- Kassama, L.S. and Ngadi M.O. 2016. Shrinkage and Density Change of Chicken Meat during Deep-fat
Frying. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 7(10):895-905.
- Kassama, L.S. and Ngadi M.O. 2016. Relationship between Oil Uptake and Moisture Loss during
Deep Fat Frying Of Chicken Breast Meat. Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science, 6 (7): 324-334.
- Porto-Fett, A.C.S, Oliver S, Daniel N, Shoyer. B.A, Stahler, L.J., Shane, L.E., Kassama, L.S., Jackson-Davis, A. and Luchansky, J.B. 2016. The effect of deep frying or conventional
oven cooking on inactivation of Shiga toxin-producing cells of Escherichia coli (STEC) in meatballs. Journal of Food Protection, 79(5): 723-731.
- Kassama, L.S. T. Sanusi. 2015. Raman spectroscopy identification of phytic acid in tempered
canned red kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 2 (1): 1-6.
- Kassama, L.S, Kuponiyi, A.J.& Kukhtareva, T. 2015. Comparative Effects of Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) extracts on the Physicochemical Properties and Stability of Silver Nanoparticles.
American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 5(2): 30-39.
- Kassama, L.S, Kukhtareva, T, Kukhtarev, N., & Kuponiyi, A.J. 2015. Rapid Laser-assisted
Nanosizing Noble Silver Nanoparticles in Plant Extracts and Physiochemical Characterization.
American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 5(2): 8-18.
- Kuponiyi, A.J., Kassama, L.S. and Kukhtareva, T. 2014. Physicochemical Characterization of Silver nanoparticles
synthesize using Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis). SPIE NanoScience & Engineering. 91710V-1-12.