Leadership Development educates, engages, and empowers AAMU students to be leaders in academic, professional, and community settings by seeking to:
- Expand students' understanding of their own leadership identity by exploring values, strengths, and character.
- Provide educational and co-curricular opportunities to prepare students to be socially responsible leaders who exemplify the consummate professional.
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to offer intentional and diverse leadership experiences and perspectives.
- Foster personal growth and strength of character to broaden the knowledge base of leadership development for students.
- Develop civic responsibility, community involvement, and respect for diversity, inclusion, and equity.