Dr. B. R. Reddy
Laser spectroscopy of rare-earth ion-doped crystals, glasses, and fibers; Optical hole-burning studies in glasses for information storage; Energy up-conversion studies for solid-state laser development; Optical sensing of temperature, moisture and chemicals; Mid-infrared spectroscopy of solids doped with transition metals; Laser cooling/heating of solids; Optical diagnostics for real-time evaluation of surfaces
Office: 021 VM Chambers Building Phone: 256-372-8101 Email: email@example.com
- Rami Reddy, Review of rare-earth doped phosphors for white light generation (Book
chapter), New Trends in Physical Science Research Vol. 8, 28 July 2022, Page 95-114
- Rami Reddy, Preparation and Characterization of Nanostructures in Glasses (book chapter), in New Insights into Physical Science Vol. 12, 19 February 2021, Page 102-118 https://doi.org/10.9734/bpi/nips/v12/7051D; Published: 2021-02-
- Kristopher Liggins, and B. Rami Reddy, Effect of silver nanoparticles on the luminescence spectral characteristics of rare-earth ion doped sodium borate glasses, Proc. SPIE 11082, 110822H (2019).
- R. Reddy, K. Liggins and V. M. Edwards, Characterization of Fluoride Phosphors for Diode Pumped Solid-State Lighting Applications, Optics and Photonics Journal, 8, 288-300 (2018).
- Culp, V. M. Edwards and B. R. Reddy, Optical spectroscopy, energy upconversion and white light emission characteristics of CaF2: Er3+, Journal of Photonics for Energy 7, 026001 (2017).
- W. Evans, T. R. Harris, B. R. Reddy, K. L. Schepler, and P. A. Berry, Optical Spectroscopy and modeling of Fe2+ ions in Zinc Selenide, Journal of Luminescence 188, 541-550 (2017).
- Rami Reddy, “Interferometric Measurement of Laser-Induced Temperature Changes” (book chapter) in Laser Cooling: Fundamental Properties and Application, Edited by Galina Nemova, Pan Stanford Publishing Pte. Ltd., Singapore (2016), 273-304; CRC press, Boca Raton, FL
- Surface characterization studies of orientation patterned ZnSe doped with Cr2+, B. Rami Reddy, Kenneth Schepler, Elizabeth Moore, John Hoelscher, Shiva Vangala, Bruce Claflin, Narsingh B. Singh, Jonathan Evans, Patrick Berry, SPIE Proc 9347, 93471M (2015).
- Applications of Optical Interferometer techniques for precision measurements of changes in temperature, growth and refractive index of materials (Review), B. R. Reddy, Technologies 2, 54-75 (2014)
- Spectroscopic characterization of erbium doped glass ceramic, I. Kamma, M. Mbila, K. Gall and B. R. Reddy, Optical Materials Express 3, 884-892 (2013).
- Optical sensing techniques for temperature measurement, B. R. Reddy, I. Kamma and P. Kommidi, Appl. Opt. 52, B33-B39 (2013).
- Investigation of silver nanostructures and their influence on the fluorescence spectrum of Erbium-doped glasses, V. Obadina and B. R. Reddy, Optics and Photonics journal 3, 45-50 (2013).