Dr. B. R. Reddy
Laser spectroscopy of rare-earth ion-doped crystals, glasses, and fibers; Optical hole-burning studies in glasses for information storage; Energy up-conversion studies for solid-state laser development; Optical sensing of temperature, moisture and chemicals; Mid-infrared spectroscopy of solids doped with transition metals; Laser cooling/heating of solids; Optical diagnostics for real-time evaluation of surfaces
Office: 021 VM Chambers Building Phone: 256-372-8101 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optical sensing techniques for temperature measurement, Appl. Opt. 52, B33-B39 (2013).
- Interferometric measurement of laser heating in praseodymium doped YAG crystal, Appl. Opt. 50, 526-531 (2011).
- Energy upconversion in holmium doped lead germano tellurite glass, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 113102 (2010).
- Spectroscopic characterization of erbium doped glass ceramic, Optical Materials Express 3, 884-892 (2013).
- Applications of optical interferometer techniques for precision measurement of changes in temperature, growth and refractive index of materials (Review), Technologies 2, 54-75 (2014).
- Surface characterization studies of orientation patterned ZnSe doped with Cr2+, Proc. SPIE 9347, 93471M (2015)
- B. Rami Reddy, “Interferometric Measurement of Laser-Induced Temperature Changes” (Book Chapter) in Laser Cooling: Fundamental Properties and Application, Edited by Galina Nemova, Pan Stanford Publishing Pte. Ltd., Singapore (2016), 273-304; CRC press, Boca Raton, FL
- White-light emission characteristics of rare-earth ion-doped sodium borate glass, K. Liggins, V. M. Edwards and B. R. Reddy, SPIE Proc. Vol. 10100, 101001W (2017).
- J. W. Evans, T. R. Harris, B. R. Reddy, K. L. Schepler, and P. A. Berry, Optical Spectroscopy and modeling of Fe2+ ions in Zinc Selenide, Journal of Luminescence 188, 541-550 (2017).
- M. Culp, V. M. Edwards and B. R. Reddy, Optical spectroscopy, energy upconversion and white light emission characteristics of CaF2: Er3+, Journal of Photonics for Energy 7, 026001 (2017).