CS Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- Graduates will work in careers in computing and associated technology fields.
- Graduates will practice their professional endeavors, communicating effectively, as team members, in leadership positions to the highest legal and ethical standards.
- Graduates will realize, mentor, and pursue a program of continuous educational improvement for the benefit of themselves and others in our dynamic and rapidly changing field.
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.