Skip to content

Emergency Separation for Military Purposes

Students who exit the University because of military call-up or spouses of those called may withdraw without academic penalty.

After the normal University withdrawal period, the student may choose to make arrangements with the instructor and/or department chairman to complete the course work.

Students who withdraw due to being called to active duty or spouses of persons called to active duty may be eligible for a full refund of required tuition and fees.

Room and board will be refunded in accordance with the current University refund policy. All students who receive Title IV funds will be processed according to federal policies.

Federal policy statements are available in the Office of Student Financial Aid.


  1. Secure a copy of the Academic Affairs Form "Emergency Separation for Military Purposes" from the Academic Affairs office.
  2. Complete the form and secure appropriate documentation (i.e., a copy of Official Orders).
  3. Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar, retaining the copy marked “student”.