Visiting Student Program
A cooperative arrangement exists between the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Athens State University, Oakwood College, and Alabama A&M University, whereby a student at any of the participating institutions may request permission to attend a class at one of the other schools.
Conditions governing the granting of permission include the following:
- The student must be enrolled full-time: 12 hours for the Spring or Fall Semesters,
6 hours for the Summer session.
- His or her total load must not exceed the established maximum number of hours established
at the home school.
- Fees for this course will follow the guidelines for courses taken here on campus.
This is not a free course; you will be billed for this course through AAMU.
- Students are limited to one class per semester or term at the visiting institution
with the exception of Undergraduate Art students and Graduate Biology students.
- The student must have an overall average of “C” or better.
- The course must not be available at the student’s home institution at the desired
- His/her advisor and other appropriate personnel must approve the student’s request.
- Permission to take the course will be dependent upon availability of space for the
visitor after the schools own students are accommodated.
- Forms should be returned to the Registrar’s Office prior to the first day of registration
at the attending institution.
- AAMU policies and regulations regarding course substitutions and transfer credits
will be applied.
- Visiting grades are calculated together with non-visiting grades in the AAMU grade point average.