Tutorial Assistance Network
The Tutorial Assistance Network (TAN) coordinates and maintains free, campus-wide tutorial, Supplemental Instruction (SI), and Structured Learning Assistance (SLA) services for undergraduate Alabama A&M University students. TAN tutors, SI leaders, and SLA leaders serve as "learning partners" by collaborating with students to help them:
- Increase their understanding of course materials
- Boost their performance in their courses
- Improve their academic performance
- Network with other students in their subject areas
Individual and group appointments are available in many academic courses through GradesFirst. TAN also offers weekly SI review sessions in historically difficult courses (courses with D, W, F rates above 30%) and a mixture of workshops and office hours for students in ENG 101E, HIS 101E and MTH 112E courses. Students may also attend walk-in/drop-in tutoring.
TAN is 100% funded by Title III and supports the persistence, retention and graduation of AAMU students.
- Log into GradesFirst to schedule a tutoring appointment and view the SI schedule
- Obtain more information about SI
- Apply to be a TAN tutor or SI leader
- Submit your Faculty Recommendation Form
- Learn how to schedule your tutoring appointments
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software