First-Time Graduate Students
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Completed “official” Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University Application for
Admission to Graduate Studies and a non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each collegiate institution attended directly mailed to the School of Graduate Studies Office, P. O. Box 998, Normal, AL 35762.
- Official test scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required for many programs. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for the MBA (University Code: 1003). Test scores over five years old or results brought by the applicant to the Office of Graduate Studies are not accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation on official Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University “Letter of Recommendation” forms. These recommendations should speak to the applicant’s potential for successful completion of the graduate program to which he/she is applying (usually, letters of recommendation are from the applicant's former professors). Additional recommendations may come from employers or supervisors who are familiar with the applicant's work experience.
- Details on any professional work experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate adequate academic preparation in their proposed area of study. Those with deficiencies in academic preparation may be required to take additional coursework to strengthen their backgrounds.
- Other requirements specified by the particular degree program to which the applicant is applying.
APPLICANTS FOR ADMISSION MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Regular/Full Admission to be admitted unconditionally, applicants must:
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a (4.0 GPA scale) at the undergraduate level from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Submit a minimum score of 146 on the verbal and 140 on the quantitative portions of the GRE (if required). Together the combined score must be a minimum of 286. Some programs may require higher GRE scores. MBA students are required to attain a minimum GMAT score of 350.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Meet all program-specific requirements.
NOTE: Individual departments may require higher GRE/GMAT scores or other specific requirements; see departmental sections for details. Deferral of admission status is not allowed for: Psychology, Social Work, and Communicative Sciences.
Ready to apply? Start your application process now